We support the AAUW mission to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research.
Members of national AAUW, AAUW-WA, and Edmonds SnoKing Branch believe that democratic participation in governance and equal rights, benefits, and opportunities in all institutions of society—economic, social, educational, health, and political—are fundamental to women’s empowerment and public well-being.
The AAUW National 2021-2023 priorities are based on:
- Support for a strong system of public education that promotes gender fairness, equity, diversity and inclusivity, and addresses the barriers and implicit biases that hinder the advancement of women and girls
- The achievement of economic security for all women
- The guarantee of equality, individual rights, and social justice for a diverse and inclusive society
Keep up-to-date during the 2022 legislative session by:
- Following AAUW-WA Legislative Updates
- Use the BillTrack toolkit developed by our AAUW WA State public policy team
- Reviewing the AAUW Advocacy Tool Kit
Safer Beauty Bill Package
- Toxic-free Beauty Act
- Cosmetic Supply Chain Transparency Act
- Cosmetic Safety for Communities of Color and Professional Salon Workers Act
- Cosmetic Fragrance and Flavor Ingredient Right to Know Act
While this set of bills is not on the National AAUW priority list this session, and AAUW state and local branches focus only on state and local legislation, it helps state advocates to know what similar bills are being discussed at a federal level. As an individual, you can advocate for these bills. The Breast Cancer Prevention Partners are key advocates for these bills.